Score Files -- Not really a Ubuntu question

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Mon Jan 4 23:40:10 UTC 2010

Mark C. Miller schrieb am 04.01.2010 23:18:

> I've not been able to find a mail list to post this too, so am intruding
> on your goodwill to bail me once again.
>
> I can't find a good reference that explains how scoring works.  I can
> find lot of stuff about how to set one up, but nothing that explains how
> to determine the score.
>
> Based on some recent traffic on the list, I wanted to set my reader to
> ignore certain posters.  In doing so, I was asked to set their score.
>
> What is the scoring system being used?  Is +1 an ideal "high" or
> something like that.

It depends on your mail/news client. As you are using pan consult
its manual or a corresponding mailing list or newsgroup (I'm not
familiar with pan). You may have already found the following two
links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorefile
http://pan.rebelbase.com/mailing_lists/ (also available via GMANE).

[...]

Best