How do I stop Evolution from adding HTML attachment to anything saved in Drafts folder?

sktsee sktsee at tulsaconnect.com
Mon Jan 4 17:51:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 08:23 -0700, Rick wrote:
> I want to be able to start an email that I can continue working on later.
> However, if I save it in the Drafts folder, Evolution automatically
> attaches an HTML version of it.  To make matters worse, there doesn't
> seem to be any way to remove the attachment.
>
> Is there a way to remove an attachment or prevent Evolution from
> automatically adding one?

As long as you don't have "Format in HTML" checked in the Composer
Preferences dialog, Evolution will send your messages in plaintext from
the Draft folder despite storing the emails there with html formatting.
You can also bring up the mail for editing and choose "Plain Text" from
the "Format" menu to make sure its sent without html.

Because Evolution stores the draft emails with html formatting, there is
a caveat having to do with dragging and dropping emails from the Draft
folder directly into your Outbox. In this case, Evolution will not strip
the html formatting from the message before its sent out, which is
annoying.

--
sktsee