Two disruptive users on ubuntu-users

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Mon Jan 4 18:01:00 UTC 2010

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
> On Mon, January 4, 2010 04:14, Michael Haney wrote:
>
>> I'm more concerned with the users who have this "you're a newbie and
>> don't belong here so I'm going to go out of my way to make you feel
>> unwelcome" attitude.  It makes our community look bad and
>> perpetuations a myth that the Linux community is made up entirely with
>> those kinds of people when it really isn't.   It takes just one bad
>> egg to spoil an omelet.
>>
>> I won't name names but "you" know who you are.
>>

> Agreed.
> That is yet another argument for an "online reputation manager" for the
> Ubuntu community. Such unwelcome attitudes hurt the "business" of Ubuntu.

I agree. Let's all see this as a learning experience. Ubuntu is about
humanity. I am because you are. Or we exist because others exist.
Therefore the way the community deals with issues of an anti-social
nature reflects who we really are. Surely a way can be found to deal
with juveniles, or underdeveloped egos without resorting to an us vs
them, either/or mentality? I think the two poor souls need to say a
thousand Heil Ubuntu's and seriously speak to that penguin inside.  This
is really not the distro for combative politicking, nitpicking and
trolls. Maybe if they did some community service? What have they
actually contributed to the community?

DRL