PXE-install with own ubuntu-dist

Detlef Lechner Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net
Mon Jan 4 14:28:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 12:21 +0100, Martin Schulte wrote:
> Hello,
> I have to setup an network with several PC. I want to install them by
> using PXE. I read the article about PXE-Installation on help.ubuntu.com,
> but there is explained, how to install the  "original" ubuntu.

I have no solution for you. Wikipedia writes: "an environment to
bootstrap computers using a network interface card: The Preboot
Execution Environment (PXE, aka Pre-Execution Environment, or 'pixie')
is an environment to boot computers using a network interface card
independently of available data storage devices (like hard disks) or
installed operating systems.
PXE was introduced as part of the Wired for Management framework by
Intel and is described in the specification (v2.1) published by Intel
and Systemsoft on September 20, 1999.
Can you tell me where I can find this specification?

Detlef