Microsoft is hiring a "linuxman"

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 4 08:17:43 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 04/01/2010 09:08, scar wrote:
> Mihamina Rakotomandimby @ 01/04/2010 12:00 AM:
> > Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>

> https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=9914&jlang=EN
>
> what is this? microsoft needs to compete with linux and openoffice?  i
> didn't realize they were gaining so much ground for M$ to notice.  that
> job description makes me puke.

Well, look at the bright side of things... it means that Linux and
OpenOffice are hurting Microsoft badly enough that they decide to focus
on it.

I can't talk for Linux, but OpenOffice has a strong (and likely soon to
get stronger) marketing engine behind it as well... so I think it will
get interesting in 2010 to see this battle take place.

I'm confident that whatever Microsoft puts behind this effort (we can
think of many things, not all of them nice and fair) they still will not
win against open source.

Gilles.