What is your price on a low-cost LINIX printer?

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sat Jan 2 15:00:28 UTC 2010

> 	Your saying that SOME printers do not use the standard input
> format. This is possibly true, since anything can happen. But

Of course that is true. Even HP has multiple printer languages for its
printers. There is no such thing as 'standard input format' unless you
want to call ascii 'standard input format'. Good luck printing a picture
with ascii.

> I will stick to my statement that a printer made in 2008 or
> later it will work with Ubuntu. There are special high cost
> printers for special cases I do not address. I am talking
> about printers you buy today at Wal Mart. They will ALL work
> with Ubuntu.

I pretty much suspect that all 'special high cost printers' support
postscript and therefore will work with anything Linux/UNIX. Printers
that you buy today in WalMart...if it don't say Linux on the
packaging...you might want to check.