Best Application to Backup / Restore Entire Ubuntu System ?

Jozsef jzfk9 at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 12:02:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 11:48 +0000, Steve wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:32:08 -0000, Jozsef <jzfk9 at aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 16:47 +0530, Swapnil Jain wrote:
> >> i use mkcdrec, its a very good tool, creates a complete bootable backup
> >> image on USB Flash disk, cdrom, dvdrom or a iso file to burn on disk.
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Swapnil Jain
> >> Indore, India
> >>

> > Did you try to restore your system from such kind of backup? And if yes,
> > was it successful?
> >

> A very good question!  How many people actually test their backups?
>
> --
> Steve

It's very easy to clone your HDD or partitions with Clonezilla, for
example, but when you try to restore it and use it - it's not that good.
That's why I'm asking because if I only have a nice backup - that's only
half a way and it doesn't makes me feel I'm fine :)

--
Best,
Jozsef

"Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come..."
Revelation 14:7