No Audio out of HDMI on ATI Radion HD 4650 Video/Audio card

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 23:55:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Tito <rl2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to get audio to work out of the HDMI port on my HD 4650
> card for two weeks without success.
Hello Tito,
This probably won't help much, but I've had similar problems trying to
get audio out of my ATI Radeon 4200 motherboard.  At one point, I
found a script on a Ubuntu site that upgraded to the latest ALSA
version.  I ran that script, then installed the proprietary ATI video
driver, and finally managed to get audio out.  Unfortunately, I
couldn't get video to work with Myth.

For the time being, I am using the analog output from the motherboard.
 But even that has some issues.

--wpd