Non Ubuntu question

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at
Sat Feb 27 15:44:39 UTC 2010

On 27-02-10 01:47, Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> I usually don't go on Facebook, but when I tried it this evening, I
> get directed to a strange Website. I am sure I am typing the URL
> correctly and I also tried it using three different browsers. Any idea
> what's going on?
> The problem started about two weeks ago on my Windows boot and has
> continued on and off.
> I have scanned for trojans/viruses using one of Microsoft's free
> software. Tried rather than And also
> tried Googling for and then proceed from there.
> And in Firefox, I also installed "ad block plus" addon.
Your computer is infected with a virus called Windows.
Format your hard disk to remove the virus, and install Ubuntu or any
other Linux. As a side effect, you will contribute to fixing Ubuntu bug
n° 1.

I'm sorry but when you dump your Windows problems on a Linux mailing
list, you are provoking this kind of reactions.