Gparted problem

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Thu Feb 25 18:23:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 03:18:15PM -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> 10 GB unallocated to /dev/sda12 but I have
>
>   Does anyone recall the steps to
>
> 	I am afraid of doing that. I would need to move This Lucid
> system /dev/sda13 somewhere while I resize /dev/sda12, the
> partition running out of space.
>
> 	And I have not seen in the Help any way to Move a partition.
> Would it be possible to move sda13 somewhere temporary? And
> then move it back before rebooting?

I just got through doing this using gparted from a system rescue disk.
Since you're having problems figuring it out I ran  search on "gparted
moving partitions" and found a number of hits. Why didn't that occur to
you? One more thing. I didn't need help with this as with a little
clicking around and exploring the program it's pretty intuitive.