Permissions?

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 18:10:13 UTC 2010

1) I found to edit a file in /var/www with jedit I must do gksudo jedit
and supply my password.

2) The jedit session that opens does not have the same customizations
(for example downloaded plugins) that would show up if I opened jedit
from the Applications menu to work on a file in my Home folder.

1) Is there a way to open jedit from the applications menu and have it
ask for my password so that I could edit any file?

2)  Do I need to have 2 sets of settings for jedit?

If this is strictly a jedit issue, I apologize. I just don't know if
this is the normal behavior for using a app to modify files outside of
the home folder.

Regards,  Jim