Linux TTS Voices

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:26:35 UTC 2010

Does anyone know of some good TTS voices for Linux. I've tried the
default ones with festival, espeak, flite, but none seem to compare to
Windows 7 voices, AT&T voices, and the default ones with 2nd Speech
Center. I've created a program for Linux that uses espeak to
automatically read any text highlighted and copied, but I want the
best available voices Linux software has to offer. The code will be on
put here http://code.google.com/p/ttsreader/ though the use of espeak
is subject to change or the program may have more than one speech
synthesizer available for use with it.

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0