Anyone? Best Vid Camera for Skype and 9.10 or better.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 15:45:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Pastor JW
<pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org> wrote:

>> > So no one has any ideas about quality video cameras for use with Skype
>> > in Ubuntu or did my email just not make it to the list?
>>
>> I did see you request and I am sorry but I do not know the answer. I am
>> puzzled though, why would want to use a video camera with Skype?
>
> I'm puzzled over why one would ask this question.  Doesn't everyone know Skype
> does video calls?  We use it all the time to visit with our grandchildren.
> We even used it when the grand children stayed with us while their mother was
> in Singapore so they got to see and talk to their mother every day.  I don't
> know the "best" but this Dell 1525n came with a built-in camera that works
> very well with Skype.   I upgraded the original installed 7.10 Ubuntu to 8.04
> Kubuntu four days after I received the machine which was two days after 8.04
> arrived on the scene.  I also don't know of any video cameras which don't
> work with Ubuntu: all the machines I have installed have worked out of the
> box with every camera they had with their machines!  Only 161 Kubuntu
> installs so far in my little town!  With only three dual installs, one Mac
> and two windoze; the rest were pure.
>
> --
> 73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276

I think the real problem here is with the term video camera VS web
cam. I also asked about it because I wanted to know about the new 30
fps with 4 times more resolultion cameras (HD web cams) with linux and
also because they took skype out of the repos and many people say the
one on the skype site just gives a green screen with no picture.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.