Linux Forums unreachable.

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Wed Feb 24 00:36:36 UTC 2010

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
> On Mon, February 22, 2010 16:38, Xandros Pilosa wrote:
>
>> Dne 22.02.2010 (pon) ob 05:19 -0800 je Ray Parrish zapisal(a):
>> [snip]

>> [snip]
>>
>>> And adding the ip address to the hosts file made no difference.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Ray Parrish
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> it seems to me, it might be firefox issue, in Hardy at least.
>> Here, for example ff ver. 3.0~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu3 take ages to load
>> the page, while Konqueror ver. 3.0~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu3 has no problem.
>>

> Ray,
>
> You tried the telnet test with the IP address.
> Could you try it again, with the hostname? Try the HTTP 1.1 protocol this
> time, so you need to specify the host.
>

> telnet www.linuxforums.org 80
>
> Then when you are connected, type:
>
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: www.linuxforums.org
> And <ENTER> twice.

ray at RaysComputer:~$ telnet www.linuxforums.org 80
Trying 174.132.123.98...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
ray at RaysComputer:~$

The ip address comes back almost immediately, so it's not a DNS problem.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Linux dpkg Software Report script set..
http://www.rayslinks.com/LinuxdpkgSoftwareReport.html