Kdenlive sound fix wants to remove half my system

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 23 12:09:59 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I have an annoying problem with KDENlive, no sound. The bug fix as
related in this posting:
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=31

involves installing libsdl1.2debian-all and removing
libsdl1.2debian-oss. Big problem. If I do this, half my system wants to
uninstall itself. I have a lot of games and gigabytes of data which will
simply uninstall:

example

To be removed:

Acidrip
Alien-Arena
Amorak
Avidemux
Blender
Blobwars
Cinepaint
Dosbox
Dreamchess
Eternallands
Extremetuxracer
Fretsonfire

and so on about sixty bits and pieces.

Can anyone suggestion another way to install or an alternative
workaround for the bug? I can't find any other video editor that gives
me what Kdenlive has, and Lives is still buggy.

Regards

David.