route troubles -- please help

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 20 16:52:23 UTC 2010

Folks,

  I tried to do something and shot myself in the foot again... (this is getting
old!)

I am using a laptop on both a wireless network and a wired network. It would be
nice, I thought, to have two different names for it. So I changed the hostname
just before bringing it up... BAD BAD! I have got the hostname back where it
should be. However, I have no routes, at boot and can not get to my wired
network. What should I do to get things back together??

I have tried adding the routes manually and route -n shows them correctly. But
the network is still unreachable, even after stopping & starting networking. Of
course, when I reboot after adding the routes they go away again. Are they not
kept somewhere in a file that I can edit or configure??

Thanks,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley