InstallProblems

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:14:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Grizzly <Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19 February 2010 at 18:47, Nils Kassube
> Enlightened me with this:-Re: InstallProblems
>
>>Grizzly wrote:
>>> But my install problems have grown since my first unanswered post
>
>>If something is unanswered, it usually means that nobody has an answer
>>and I'm not so sure if my comments will be helpful either.
>
> Any reply is helpful, at least I know someone read the post

Nils is right, sure a lot of people read your posts, but it takes
specific know-how to suggest anything wise. Otherwise silence is the
appropriate response.

>>> Ran the install again (6 times so far) every time it just stops at a
>>>  random point (80%, 97%, 100% ??)

Although I do not have any experience with USB installs, once, a long
time ago, I faced a similar problem. Install would freeze near the end
of the process while searching for a non available internet
connection. Since you describe it as "random" (the worst thing that
may be observed) I doubt you are facing something like this. Perhaps
you could try to install from the Alternate "CD". A non graphical
installation sometimes helps to detect the specific nature of the
problem you are facing.

Just my 2 cents.

L.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W