Linux Forums unreachable.

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Fri Feb 19 08:15:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, February 19, 2010 06:01, Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Linux Forms? Here is what I
> get -
>
>  >Network Timeout
>
>  >The server at www.linuxforums.org is taking too long to respond.
>
>  >The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the
> browser has >stopped waiting for a reply.
>
> I get a daily email from them with head lines, and forum post subjects
> as links, and every time I try to click one, I get the can't be reached
> error.

A useful tool to check if the problem is at your end is
downforeveryoneorjustme.com:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.linuxforums.org

Seems like it's just at your end.

A friend of mine has a motto: "Everything is a freaking DNS problem". It's
actually printed on the back of his company tees. :-)
So first check your DNS server. Are you using the DNS that your ISP
provides? Try OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 or Google DNS:
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Then come back with the results.

--
Amedee