nfs 3 or 4??

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:06:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 17:01, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the links. My real problem was not knowing which doc to
> use, 3 or 4. I guess I should gust go with 4 because that is the
> future and there is nothing critical in my usage, just a home network.
> I have it working with manual mounting from the client side but
> understanding the automount has proven hard. It would seem to be the
> way to go though, once I have grokked it.

Really, other than the "Cool to learn it" factor, unless you need the
benefits of NFSv4 that v3 doesn't have, there's no need to.  In your
situation, it's probably more of a preference or just doing it because
you can thing than anything else.

NFSv3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

--

Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -