reply problem on Thunderbird and this list

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Wed Feb 17 21:33:52 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 18/02/2010 00:55, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
> Gilles Gravier wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On 17/02/2010 12:26, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> How did you get Thunderbird 3.0 loaded?????
>>>
>> Thunderbird 3 is the default mailer on OpenSolaris which is what I am
>> on, at this time (my work laptop).
>>
> It is? Are you running something newer than 2009.06? Do you at all use
> Lightning?

I use the latest dev build of OpenSolaris (build 132). And I use
Lightning 1.0b1 which is available in the contributed builds page for
Lightning. Works like a charm.

Note that there is a bug in 64 bit mode that you have to add a few lines
of script to the thunderbird start script because by default it is a 32
bit binary and if you have several hundreds of folders, you get error
messages. This is due to a limitation of thunderbird 3 default build
which configures a maximum of 256 open file descriptors on Linux /
Unix... need to set that number with ulimit to much more... :)

>> Ubuntu is at home...
>>
> Heh. I was also on OpenSolaris at work and Ubuntu at home until about
> two months ago. I use Ubuntu at work now too.

Hehe... Nice!

Gilles.