Lost Sound with Upgrade to 9.10

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:59:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:27,  <robfleet at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Has anyone else had problems with sound (meaning NO sound) after upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10?  I thought maybe I had a
> sound card problem but I have installed other distros (this is on a non-production machine) on this computer and have no problem
> with sound whatsoever so it seems to be a 9.10 problem.
>
> If anyone knows of a fix, I'd love to hear about it.

What sound card?  I have UNR 9.10 and Crunchbang 9.10 (based on Ubuntu
9.10) running on a Lenovo S-10 with no problems at all w/ sound.  I
also 9.10 running on an admittedly 10 year old desktop with a
SoundBlaster Live card and also no problems with sound.

Maybe your upgrade had a problem??

Cheers,
Jeff

--

Samuel Goldwyn  - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be
right, but I am never wrong." -