install of 9.1 remix

david bettsworth david at bettsworth.org
Tue Feb 16 15:22:11 UTC 2010

Caution : sda3 with vista loader is probably fat32 and also a hidden
partition used for Windows 7 recovery (Ubuntu with Gparted will show
that hidden partition). If your friend accepts to free the "Windows
wasted" 10Go space,
I feel it would be wise to copy the partition using dd command, just in
case he requires to recover his  Windows 7 after a Windows crash.
I personally would rather resize the Windows 7 partition to leave room
for a proper Ubuntu install with / and /home partitions.

A friend in need is a friend indeed

Hope this helps,

David