Hopeless cause

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 15 20:35:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:05:11 -0500
James Montgomery <james_montgomery at me.com> wrote:

> Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> > James Montgomery wrote:

> >> Karl, this is exactly why you should reply to the list and CC the
> >> original recipient. That is generally how moderated lists function
> >> efficiently and effectively.
> >>
> >> J.M.
> > 	Hmmm, not a good idea. It would piss me off very quickly if
> > I started getting a duplicate of every message when I'm part of a
> > thread in a mailing list.
> >
> Dave,
>
> I would hope they weren't CC'ing the enitre thread every message. It's
> customary to respond to a specific question in that fashion. Eg:
>
> User A Posts: $PROBLEM
>
> User B Replies directly to User A and CC the list (for archival
> purposes)
>
> Solved.
>
> J.M.

I agree with Dave Woyciesjes.  I would not like to see replies sent
directly to me even if I was the original poster.  I am a list member
and read the list.
IIANM, the mailing list etiquette page asks so, too, where it says:

(under, "Threading")
2. When replying to messages, use your email client's Reply To List
function, rather than "Reply" or "Reply To All".

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs