fstab related boot problem

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:23:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:24:23 -0000, Graham Watkins
<shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Tom H wrote:
>>> I'm having an intermittent boot problem where the system appears to
>>> hang
>>> and I get the following message:

<snip>

> This problem is not unique to me - there seems to be a whole thread on
> it in Ubuntu Forums which I haven't yet had a chance to read in detail.
> However it does make it appear less likely that it's down to a failing
> hard disc.
>
> http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1325528

I’ve had a read through the various threads on this problem, while there
appears to be no real solution to the problem, nobody has come back and
said their HDD has blown up.  So, while trying not to jinx your HDD, I
would suggest there is very little you can do apart from ensuring your
backups are up-to-date and regular. , while trying to see if there is a
pattern to the problem.

--
Steve