istall of 9.1 remix

Loïc Grenié loic.grenie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:29:41 UTC 2010

2010/2/15 Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com>:
> Friend wants ubuntu on her Eee 10" notebook.  When the partitioner
>   loads it reveals on sda1 there is windows 7 loader on 100g partition.
>   Sda2 has 122.9g.  Sda3 has 10gig and vista loader, sda 4 just had 15.7
>   meg of space.
>   Friend wants to keep windows 7 but not vista.  I know how to wipe the
>   10 gig space ande format it to ext 3 and tell it to use /home but I
>   can not see how to make sure 9.1 installs to the 10 gig space.  Also
>   after wiping the 10 gig space and setting it to /home, I click forward
>   and I get an error message saying their is no root partition and it
>   tells me to use the menu to set one up.  But I can not see how to do
>   that.

     Do you want all of ubuntu in this 10gig space or only the users
  data ?

    When you said to use sda3 as /home, you said "use this space
  for users data". If you want to use sda3 for all of Ubuntu, you have
  to use it for "/" (which is the "root" you see in the error message).

    If you want to use some other space for the system, you will
  have to proceed differently.

       Hope this helps,

            Loïc