Two different C++ types

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 04:21:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 15:46, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>        Just interesting. In the 9.04 Ubuntu g++ they used the
> Standard C++ which has #include <iostream.h>.
>
>        In Lucid 10.04 Ubuntu g++ is ANCI/ISO Standard C++ which has
> two lines:
>
> #include <iostream>
> using namespace std;
>
> I tried some of my old code and discovered I had to change
> headers. The iostream.h is not in the Lucid g++.

None of them are in any g++... g++ is just a gcc extention for
compiling C++ code as opposed to C...

The difference is that your older code is calling a deprecated C
library (iostream.h) while the newer ISO standardized C++ uses newer
headers (iostream).

Here's a bit of an explanation of the difference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Standard_Library

Cheers,

Jeff, W4KDH

--

Ted Turner  - "Sports is like a war without the killing." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html