installing XP

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 13 02:41:54 UTC 2010

On 02/12/2010 06:10 PM, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Thomas Dean <tomdean001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Gary,
>> I have ever used virtualbox to run XP. But the result is embarrassing.
>> If you have a powerful computer, it will run well. But you as well as
>> I have only a laptop, which is not so powerful as a desktop computer.
>> Running XP in the virtualbox can make both your ubuntu and your wife's
>> windows run slowly. That's my real experience. I don't know what your
>> wife will think of.  As a result, I cannot stand the slow virtual XP.
>> And I reinstall my ubuntu after installing the XP. Now they run both
>> very well.
>> Thomas
>>
> There is a windows look alike distro from china. It's on distrowatch.
> Might look into that.

Huh?  Why on earth would you even suggest that?

WinXP/Win2K/Win7 runs just fine in virtualbox (PUEL). Thomas obviously
has other issues: "And I reinstall my ubuntu after installing the XP.
Now they run both very well."

@Gary/OP: if you have a valid WinXP install CD, install virtualbox:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
(follow the instructions)
Fire up VirtualBox (Applications|System Tools|Sun VirtualBox| and click
'Help|Contents' to get started.
Also see:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation