keypad on keyboard just stopped working

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 07:47:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Wade Smart <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:
> I logged into my computer via VNC today when working on a computer
> across the street. After I disconnected and came home I noticed my
> keyboard keypad stopped working. I rebooted and still have the problem.
>
> I thought it was num lock but, its on.
>
> Any ideas? Surely the side of my keyboard didnt just die after I stopped
> using it this morning. Though.. maybe it did.
>
> Wade

Funny, I just had the same problem with my laptop booting off 9.10
live xubuntu CD. BTW the it works fine with tinycore linux so it is
Ubuntu and not the computer. You might try this test of booting with
tinycore (good because the download and burn is only 10mb but don't
expect KDE or anything like that on boot, it expects a land line not
wifi on first boot also but you should be able to test the keypad
without problems) or some like small distro that is not debian based.

I reread your post. WHat is failing on my system is the mouse buttons
on the built in touch pad not the numlock but same advice still
stands.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.