can not edit network-admin

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 02:33:34 UTC 2010

>>  my system is ubuntu8.04.4, i started Network-admin in Terminal by use
>> the command "sudo network-admin",but i can not click the Unlock button.
>> what's wrong with the system. thanks.

> Probably nothing,, are you sure the controls are locked?  You kind of
> bypass that when you start network-admin as root, (as you do with sudo).

> There is no need to use sudo for this, as network admin uses policykit.
>  if you have the privilege to sudo, you have the privilige to unlock
> the dialogue.

I have just installed gnome-network-admin to test this both from the
terminal and from alt-f2.

When launching network-admin without sudo or gksudo, I have to unlock
in order to make changes.

When launching network-admin with sudo or gksudo, I can make changes
but I cannot lock the panel (a policy-kit error is displayed if the
command is launched from the terminal).