process incoming mail text as a command.

Tomoki Taniguchi tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:59:50 UTC 2010

I am hoping someone can help me with this.

I want a way to send an email to a server and have it process the
content as a command.
I think there is a tool out there for this, but can't seem to find the
right search criteria
to find the proper tool.

to limit exposure,
1) I want it to check the email address of the sender (possibly other
email header criteria for more security)
2) limit the commands it will process to a predefined list (ie, reboot)

I would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction

-tomoki