Simple Compiz Config Manager (Glide 3 Setting) - freezes desktop on window opens

sktsee sktsee at tulsaconnect.com
Thu Feb 11 01:46:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:08:36 -0700, ANDY wrote:

> I looked over the simple-ccsm package bugs and didn't see anything
> related.
>
> Actually, my problem may not be compiz 'manager' related, as I'm not
> launching those now.  The problem began after I used a manager to set
> compiz to the glide-3 effect.
>
> What compiz file should i edit/delete to restore default settings?

I think these are the relevant directories:
~/.gconf/apps/compiz
~/.compiz
~/.config/compiz
~/.cache/compizconfig

Remove these directories and the next time compiz starts, it should be
completely reset to the default state. To minimize the risk of a crash or
gui freeze while compiz is running, I would log out of gnome first and
switch to a vt to delete the directories from there.

--
sktsee