Unsure of Java/Gnome/MatLab interactions

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Wed Feb 10 15:26:12 UTC 2010

KAYVEN RIESE wrote:
> I just installed a fresh new Ubuntu last week.. 9.10
>
> Script done, file is matlab.log
> root at kayve-laptop:~/apt-gets# uname -a
> Linux kayve-laptop 2.6.31-19-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 02:39:34
> UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

note the 64 bit kernel. "x86_64"

> root at kayve-laptop:~/apt-get
>
> I bought MatLab and here are instructions given to me:
>   Student Downloads
> Linux (32-bit) Download and Installation Instructions

note the 32 bit software version "Linux (32 bit)"

> [big snip]
If you have a 64 bit download version of the software it should work.
As it stands the software is incompatible with your OS.  The other
option would be to install a 32 bit Ubuntu OS.

According to this page (if I have the right company) they do have a 64
bit flavor available.

    http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/linux.html

HiH.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."