Grubb list menu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 10 02:44:24 UTC 2010

On 02/09/2010 06:03 PM, Tom H wrote:
>> Tom, you are the man! Works! Thanks!
>
> :)
> You're welcome.
>

>> Now, for the benefit of all, can you explain how you figured out how to
>> do that?
>
> I suspected that there was some kind of loop in
> /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober to detect the other os's and found it. My
> scripting skills are basic but it was not a difficult modification.
>
> Please keep in mind that at the next upgrade of grub2, either this
> file will be replaced automatically or you will be prompted to use the
> new one, the old one, or compare them in order to choose one.

Well... well done!

Problem was that every time I let my wife use the laptop she'd end up on
one of the 'recovery' options. Of course that means that I'd have to
drag my fat butt away from my workstation and go to some other room and
find out what the problem is. Then, to top it off, I'd need to explain
why she ended up where she did. Don't get me wrong, she's smart as a
whip, but the "explaining" part never ends in a good way...
(Yes she also has an Ubuntu account on the laptop, but needs to use Win7
for some of her work)

So, your solution will certainly help keep the peace around my house for
awhile :-) Thanks again.

Gary