Driver for Printer Canon model MP 550

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Feb 9 07:10:37 UTC 2010

 On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:26:08 -0000, jacopo <jaco.leo at alice.it> wrote:
 > Hallo!
 >
 > can somebody tell me how to find the driver for the Printer Canon model
 > "MP 550".
 >
 > In the Canon web site no way to find the driver for Linux.
 >
 > Looking forward to hering someone i remain with mine

Canon drivers are difficult to find alright.  Best bet is to google your
machine and Ubuntu and search for a step by step on installing drivers.  I
have a Canon MP 620 that I tried for several months to get to work.  I bought
Turboprint which actually did work for about a month and then quit.  No
support from Turboprint no matter what I tried.  Turboprint still would print
a page if I left my computer running for 40 hours each page.  Couldn't get
help here either.  So I finally bought an HP J4680 for less than I paid for
the ink for the Canon however, I guess I'm stuck for the price of Turboprint
software and the Canon printer but all in all a fairly inexpensive lesson.
I'll never buy either Turboprint or Canon ever again.  Hopefully your lesson
will not be as costly as mine.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403