basic - continued

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 8 16:24:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:16:41 -0800
Johnneylee Rollins <johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com> wrote:

> So no protection is the best protection? I'm probably being a bit
> extreme. But this argument always ends up with a "unplug your machine
> from the interwebs".

Not at all.  My advice is to tighten up your in-box security, only
connect to trusted sites with valuable-data machines (or not at all
would be infinitely better) and put not your faith in Princes.

They will stab you in the back every time.

Doesn't everyone have a throw-away box connected to nothing of any
importance to play on the 'net with?  My home network boxes don't
connect to anything that will go out of my front door.

Of course, this is related to home users.  A business will likely have
to connect boxes with more important  data, but even then that data can
be removed regularly and stored 'securely'.

At that point all your worries are time spent cleaning or re-installing.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs