pin transmission-daemon on karmic server to lucid version

Jan Piet Joris en Corneel jpjorisencorneel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 22:08:13 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Currently I'm setting up my Karmic based headless home server. I've
installed the transmission-daemon bittorrent client package to be used
with the Transmission web interface.

Probably I will update the box to 10.04 LTS when it releases, and keep
it on that for some years

I would like to use the lucid package (version 1.83) in stead of the
karmic package (version 1.75), because Transmission supports moving
finished files to a different directory since version 1.80 (see
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1483).

The idea of compiling transmission-daemon myself does't warm me. Is it
possible to achieve this with some apt pinning, and could somebody
supply me instructions?

Thanks,
Corné