No more OOo in UNR 10.04

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Feb 7 19:33:56 UTC 2010

Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Don't forget that everything still needs to fit on a single CD.
>
> Just thinking out loud but why ? How many machines out there have a CD but not DVD drive these days.
>
> We've long since moved away from "everything needs to fit on a floppy", maybe its time to move from CDs to DVDs...
>
> Just wondering.

I'll second that.. I would love to see Ubuntu move to install DVD's
distributed by torrent with a larger set of included software, including
gimp, OO, Dial-up, several others.... but I think this particular snafu
has more to do with the capabilities of the target machines than it does
install media.