play dvd with menus

nepal nepal.roade at
Sun Feb 7 09:21:24 UTC 2010

On Sunday 07 Feb 2010 09:01:03 Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
> What's the best program for playing dvd's?
> My problem is that, that I have:
> Totem
> SMplayer
> on my Ubunu 9.10, and non of these support dvd's with menus.
> I mean I can't click on a single menu...

if you mean the menu that is part of the dvd and would automatically
be shown on a normal domestic player

> Any tips?
> Thank you!!
vlc does support menus at least on my system here, and always has.
AFAIK it just requires dvdnavigator library.

Have you installed the non-free packages? Check the docs for
multimedia support they walk through setting up dvd playing.