remove kubuntu

Sat Feb 6 18:54:34 UTC 2010

John Heinen wrote:

> I have ubuntu  and kubuntu along with win xp on the drive, I need to
> remove kubuntu, I read somewhere that is was easy, how do I do it.
> Thanks

It depends what method you followed to have both.

If you installed the kubuntu desktop environment into a Ubuntu install,
you will tell the system which one you want to use at the login screen,
probably by using a menu called 'session' or similar. You will have got
there through installing a package called 'kubuntu-desktop', and the
best way to remove it is to run the command in NoOp's link:
	http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

If you installed the Kubuntu OS alongside a Ubuntu install, you will
tell the system which one you want to use just after turning the system
on, at a text-only menu. You will have got there through booting from a
Kubuntu CD and installing next to Ubuntu. To remove this, you will need
to use a partitioning tool (such as Gparted) to format the partitions
you've installed Kubuntu onto. You will lose any data associated with
the Kubuntu install by default, but there are ways to preserve some of
it.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk/