Grubb list menu

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Fri Feb 5 23:49:33 UTC 2010

Tom H wrote:

> (1) If you edit grub.cfg, make sure that you back it up because it
> will be overwritten by update-grub at the next kernel upgrade.

Yeah, I said that :).. but when there is a kernel upgrade, you'll
probably want to be using the new kernel, so your backup is useless.
Just re-order it again when you notice windows is no longer Choice #1

(although, I would back up the file before I change it, in case
something goes wrong, then I can just replace the file with the original
rather than trying to update/install grub from a rescue cd.)