ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 77

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:38:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 13:22, Israel David <idave147 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a possibility to inverse the order in Grub i.e. windows on top and
> ubuntu bottom on startup?

<unnecessary quoted stuff snipped>

Yes, and please don't quote entire digests.

Look for a file in /boot/grub called ... menu.lst

You can just move things around in there, and change the order they
appear in.  That's just cosmetic though.

Look for a line that says:

default=0

Change 0 to whatever you want (based on how many entries are in your
grub config).

0 would be the first OS, 1 would be the second, and so forth.

THAT is how you change which one boots by default, which sounds more
like what you're asking for, as opposed to just changing the display
order.

Cheers
Jeff

--

Stephen Leacock  - "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue
that I shall some day die, which is not so." -