Removing password from password protected pdf file

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Thu Feb 4 20:32:07 UTC 2010

On 02/04/2010 09:14 AM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want a software that can crack the password.
>>

> Try:
> pdfcrack - PDF files password cracker
>
> Found it with the google with typing "ubuntu pdf password crack"....

This looks like a brute force cracker that can also use a wordlist.  A
"wordlist" in this context is a dictionary that can try "real words"
rather than just all of the possible combinations and permutations of
the letters. * If you want to try it, you might also google search for
"pdfcrack wordlist" for how to find and use wordlists.

* If you don't know, a wordlist approach would try, for example: cab,
cad, can, cap, cat . . . instead of caa, cab, cac, cad, cae, caf, cag,
cah, cai . . . .  Good wordlists are much more sophisticated than just a
dictionary . . .