Firefox 3.6 x86_64 problem

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Feb 4 18:22:04 UTC 2010

I'm using: Mozilla/5.0 (X11;U;Linux x86_64;en-US;rv:1.9.2)Gecko/20100123
	   Ubuntu/9.10(karmic)Firefox/3.6.

In preferences if I set: History->Firefox will: Use custom settings
for    			 history and check (x) Accept cookies from sites 			 and
uncheck () Accept third party cookies and 					 set Keep until: ask me
every time.

With this setting sites will not load. The status bar  will display
show a dialog and state the site wants to set a cookie and ask if you
want to accept it and provide a checkbox to make this the default
setting for this site.

This happened in my default profile. Since I had imported a bookmark
file I setup a new, clean test profile and it was the same.
I wonder if anyone else sees this same behaviour?  I'm thinking of
filing a bug, but if it's just me I would want to dig a little deeper so
I don't waste their time.

BE WARNED if you try this and are using multiple profiles and having
Firefox offer you the option of which profile to use on startup the next
time you start Firefox it will start in whatever profile was active when
you shut it down. To get the multiple profiles option back I had to
clear the cache, shutdown Firefox and reboot Ubuntu.

Regards, Jim