comfort

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 11:28:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Bas Roufs <basroufs at gmail.com> wrote:
> In addition to what I told you above:
> @ *Ubuntu I can do complicated jobs with free, well-running open
> source software. At Windows, I would need very expensive software for
> the same jobs.
>
> Good websites for first Linux orientation:
> http://what-is-what.com/
> http://www.ubuntu.com/
> http://www.kubuntu.org/
> http://en.wikipedia.org
> And many, many more......
>
> Use this and other forums if you have questions.
>
> Finally: look for someone who is able and willing to help you to get
> started with Linux. In my experience, such a brother or sister can be
> very helpful!
>
> Respectfully yours,

The group sounder at lists.ubuntu.com is another place to get more info
too on Ubuntu and to talk to fellow Linux users.  Come on over and
subscribe and me and some of the other more friendly folks there will
answer all of your questions.  I'm kinds a newbie at Ubuntu myself.
The last time I messed with Linux was in the late 90's.  Boy has the
OS evolved since then!

Also, do some checking around and Google searching.  You "might" have
a LUG (Linux Users Group) in your area or near where you live that you
can join and participate in.

Also, here's an online Ubuntu Users Guide and Wiki...
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Karmic

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1