Gnome or KDE?

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Thu Feb 4 08:45:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, February 4, 2010 02:15, Harry L. Lee wrote:
> try them both. it's easy to do.

You can even use Gnome apps in KDE and vice versa. Or use a totally
different desktop, KDE and Gnome are not the only two choices.

For example, I use OpenBox, but I use K3B (KDE app) for burning DVDs, and
Rhythmbox (Gnome app) for playing music.

> i live in gnome because it seems that's
> where the bleeding edge of ubuntu development happens and dropbox (which i
> use extensively seems to be gnome only)

It's true that Dropbox relies on Nautilus (Gnome file manager) but it is
possible to make it work without. I use Openbox desktop with the PCman
File Manager (pcmanfm), and Dropbox. If you understand Dutch, you can read
all about it on my blog: http://amedee.be/dropbox-zonder-nautilus

--
Amedee