"Places->Connect To Server->Custom Location" not working

Hrishikesh Murali hrishikeshmurali88 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:16:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Places|Connect to Server|Service type|Windows share|Server:
> <ipaddress>|Connect
>
> works for me.

Yeah you're right. It does work via "Places|Connect to Server|Service
type|Windows share|Server:<ipaddress>|Connect".

But it does not work if I do "Places|Connect to Server|Service type|Custom
Location|Location(URI):'smb://<ip>/<share>' ".

Anyway, I don't think its too much of a problem. I just asked because I am
used to the latter way of accessing a share until Ubuntu 9.10. Thanks anyway
:)

--
Thanks and Regards,
Hrishikesh Murali