nvidia update ends with error

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 3 06:06:27 UTC 2010

On 02/02/2010 09:43 PM, nepal wrote:
> Hi List,
>

> On Karmic with all updates.
>
> Having so many problems with graphics on my 'pute' I thought I'd check
> to see if there is any kind of update available. I have the standard
> repos plus a good few others, but nothing has come through for nvidia
> for ages. My system says the most uptodate driver is installed, i.e.
> the 185 driver, yet there has been a 190 and 195 since.
>
> So I found http://ubuntuupdates.org/ppas/5, and did

So ask the owner of ubuntuupdates:

$ whois ubuntuupdates.org

Or of course you could:
https://launchpad.net/~nvidia-vdpau/+archive/ppa
<quote>
For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact Nvidia
Vdpau Team.
To report bugs with the packages in this PPA, use the team email link.
If you have a display bug in the Nvidia driver, please report bugs in
the nvforums site here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s&forumid=14

Also, for XBMC users see this PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa
For Mythtv users see this PPA: http://mythbuntu.org/auto-builds
</quote>
https://launchpad.net/~nvidia-vdpau

Why ask here on this list if you've blindly installed an unknown PPA
package? Why not ask the folks where you got the package from?