Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop CD booted system could not mount internal harddisks attached to a RAID motherboard

Lawrence Tsang tkwinfo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:04:24 UTC 2010

Hi Tom, Karl and All,

     Yes Tom. Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop CD has the "nodmraid" boot option (press
F6 before boot).

     I could now see and use all my internal and removable disks. Thanks.

     One more point I want to be clear. If, later, I want to install Ubuntu
9.10 Desktop into my non-raid sda1 or sda2 partition. Should I first boot
the Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop CD with the "nodmraid" boot option and then install;
or should I first boot the Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop normally, apply the command
"apt-get purge dmraid" and then install ?

     Happy to have your helpful comment.

Regards
Lawrence