32 or 64??

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 13:59:23 UTC 2010

Steve Flynn wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>        I was disappointed you did not explain to us that it is
>> simply stupid to buy more ram so you can try 64 bit.
>
> You do realise that you could simply  install the Ubuntu 64bit version
> on your exisiting machine without dropping 90 bucks on more ram.

	I got the impression from many emails on this list that you
need at LEAST 4GB of RAM. I have no idea what it takes.

> Have you checked that your motherboard will actually recognise more than 4 Gb?

	It has 4 plugs for RAM so it will take that much. I just ran
top and for some reason I have 1801764000 bytes of RAM now
which if you simplify is 1.8 GB. I wonder why not 2.0 GB?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User