IBM LTO2 Tape drive

Alvaro Figueiredo alvarof at freeshell.org
Tue Feb 2 00:26:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010, Ian Coetzee wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a quick trick question.
>
> I have here an IBM Gen2 half height tape drive which I am trying
> to get to work. Do you have any suggestions? I tried looking at
> IBM's ftp server (which is very slow and broked), and the only
> modules there is SuSE and RHEL source rpms :S
>
> I am unable to find a module in the apt repository (unless I am
> as blind as a bat).
>
> Regards
> Ian

I do not know that specific device but, have you tried this?

  modprobe st

We are deploying some HP and Tandberg LTO / Ultrium tape units,
types 2 and 3, this way. If it work, it will create /dev/nst0
and /dev/st0 special files.

--
Alvaro Figueiredo
alvarof at freeshell.org

One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of
code. - Ken Thompson